At My Kids Place, safety has always been a top priority. As the COVID-19 pandemic continues, we wanted to remind our families of the steps we have been taking to safely continue providing services. COVID-related updates (see italicized sections) are summarized below. Plus, there is a review of our regular routines to prevent the spread of illness. We will get through this together!
Update August 2022
Masks continue to be required for employees, clients (age 2 years old and above), and anyone attending in-person appointments. Masks are to be worn at all times in the clinic areas, including stairwells and pre-school area. Equipment and toys continue to be disinfected with a cleaning solution after each client, or are quarantined for a week if unable to be cleaned.
Update February 2022
In the event a provider is diagnosed with COVID-19, clients will be contacted to convert appointments to telehealth (depending on provider’s health) or rescheduled to a later date. Contact tracing will be conducted to inform any families that may have been exposed.
Update June 2021
MKP is also getting busier! More families are attending sessions in person, so treatment areas are being divided and shared to accommodate overlapping appointments while maintaining physical distance.
Update May 2021
As San Diego begins to re-open, we are allowing more families into the clinic. We continue to maintain physical distance between separate households, as well as follow CDC recommendations that all clients and session participants aged 2-years or older wear masks. Cleaning protocols have also remained the same.
MKP providers are getting vaccinated against COVID-19! This extra precaution is an exciting step to keep our clients and families safe. We are thrilled for the opportunity to combat the further spread of this virus! However, this will not mean there will be a change in our protocols at this time. We will continue to do everything in our power to keep our clinic safe for everyone!
Cleaning Protocol Review
- Toys are disinfected between each use using an AAP-recommended bleach solution.
- Objects that cannot be disinfected are separated after use so that they are not used with a different client.
- Equipment that was used is also disinfected with bleach solution after every appointment.
- To limit the number of surfaces that could become contaminated, some equipment has been stored away.
- Clients and family members wash hands before the appointment.
- Providers wash their hands frequently throughout the day.
- All families have the option of doing telehealth appointments.
- Clients that require in-person treatment may have the option to come to the clinic.
- Clients may have all in-person appointments, or a combination with telehealth appointments as well.
- The provider and the family will work together to create a plan to best meet the child’s needs.
- This plan can be updated as needed!
- MKP providers wear N-95 or surgical masks for all in-person appointments.
- Providers also wear masks when around other persons within the clinic.
- Providers check their temperatures daily.
- All appointments will be rescheduled or changed to telehealth if a provider has a temperature or is showing any signs of illness.
- Families will be notified if there was a chance of a COVID-19 exposure within My Kids Place.
- Provider(s) involved will get tested and quarantine as recommended by their PCP.
- Appointments will be converted to telehealth or rescheduled as appropriate on a case-by-case basis.