At My Kids Place, safety has always been a top priority. As the COVID-19 pandemic continues in 2021, we wanted to remind our families of the steps we have been taking to safely continue providing services. COVID-related updates (italicized) are summarized below. Plus, there is a review of our regular routines to prevent the spread of illness. We will get through this together!
Update June 2021
California has lifted the mask mandate for vaccinated individuals with some exceptions. For more information, click here. Healthcare and childcare settings are still requiring masks for anyone over the age of 2 years old, regardless of vaccination status. MKP continues to abide by these guidelines.
MKP is also getting busier! More families are attending sessions in person, so treatment areas are being divided and shared to accommodate overlapping appointments while maintaining physical distance.
Update May 2021
As San Diego begins to re-open, we are allowing more families into the clinic. We continue to maintain physical distance between separate households, as well as follow CDC recommendations that all clients and session participants aged 2-years or older wear masks. Cleaning protocols have also remained the same.
MKP providers are getting vaccinated against COVID-19! This extra precaution is an exciting step to keep our clients and families safe. We are thrilled for the opportunity to combat the further spread of this virus! However, this will not mean there will be a change in our protocols at this time. We will continue to do everything in our power to keep our clinic safe for everyone!
Cleaning Protocol Review
- Toys are disinfected between each use using an AAP-recommended bleach solution.
- Objects that cannot be disinfected are separated after use so that they are not used with a different client.
- Equipment that was used is also disinfected with bleach solution after every appointment.
- To limit the number of surfaces that could become contaminated, some equipment has been stored away.
- Clients and family members wash hands before the appointment.
- Providers wash their hands frequently throughout the day.
- All persons in the MKP clinic are required to wear masks to limit the transmission of COVID-19, as recommended by the CDC.
- Children under the age of 2 years old are exempt.
- Masks should cover the nose and mouth, and fit snuggly under the chin.
- If you have any questions about masks, please contact us or speak to your child’s provider!
- All families have the option of doing telehealth appointments.
- Clients that require in-person treatment may have the option to come to the clinic.
- Clients may have all in-person appointments, or a combination with telehealth appointments as well.
- The provider and the family will work together to create a plan to best meet the child’s needs.
- This plan can be updated as needed!
- Appointments are scheduled in order to limit the overlap between clients in clinic.
- Fifteen – thirty minute blocks occur between in-person appointments accessing the gym to allow for cleaning.
- Families are asked to message the clinic upon arrival to avoid waiting inside.
- Anyone attending the session will have their temperatures checked prior to every appointment.
- A temperature of 100.0deg F or higher will result in changing the appointment to telehealth, or rescheduling for another day.
- Additionally, appointments will be changed to telehealth or rescheduled if those attending the session have any signs of illness.
- If you are unsure if you should change/cancel an appointment due to illness, please text or call us!
- MKP providers wear N-95 masks for all in-person appointments.
- Providers also wear masks when around other persons within the clinic.
- Providers check their temperatures daily.
- All appointments will be rescheduled or changed to telehealth if a provider has a temperature or is showing any signs of illness.
- Families will be notified if there was a chance of a COVID-19 exposure within My Kids Place.
- Provider(s) involved will get tested and quarantine as recommended by their PCP.
- Appointments will be converted to telehealth or rescheduled as appropriate on a case-by-case basis.
If you have any questions at all, please contact us!
Additional COVID-19 Resources:
HealthyChildren.org articles on a variety of topics related to COVID-19: https://www.healthychildren.org/English/health-issues/conditions/COVID-19/Pages/default.aspx
Helpful information if your child is considered “high risk”: https://www.dds.ca.gov/corona-virus-information-and-resources/vaccine-testing/